2-1-1 Child Care has information on local resources such as the Child and Adult Care Food Program and referrals to training programs for certification in First Aid/CPR and Administering Medication. Our resources will aid you in running a quality child care business.
Steps to Starting a Family Child Care Business
- Starting a Family Child Care Business (English) Iniciando Un Negocio de Cuidado Infantil Familiar (Español)
- Family Child Care Career Support Project
- Initial Application
- Background Check Fee Change 2019
- Sample Contract
- Child Care Agreement Between Provider and Parent
Steps to Opening a Child Care Center
Licensing regulations are set by each individual state. Programs that are licensed must meet the state’s minimum standards. Each state defines which types of child care arrangements must be licensed.
The Child Day Care Licensing Program is governed by existing statutes and regulations. The following standards are implemented and enforced by the Office of Early Childhood Division of Licensing.
- Licensing Procedures
- Administration Responsibilities
- Staffing Responsibilities
- Record Keeping Responsibilities
- Health and Safety
- The Physical Plant
- Educational Requirements
The Office of Early Childhood Division of Licensing:
- Visits and inspects programs on a regular basis
- Conducts unannounced inspections
- Investigates complaints
- Conducts background checks on providers (If you have obtained an application over the Internet, please contact the Office of Early Childhood at 860-500-4466 to obtain fingerprint cards)
Contact the Office of Early Childhood Division of Licensing for more information:
- Statutes and Regulations for Licensing Child Day Care Centers and Group Day Care Homes
- Program Descriptions
- Forms and Applications
Contact 2-1-1 Child Care at 1-800-505-1000 or email email@example.com for more information.