As a child care provider, you are helping parents balance their work and family responsibilities. You also make a lasting impact on the lives of the young children in your care. By providing children with a loving, nurturing, learning environment you are critical to their development and future! 2-1-1 Child Care congratulates you on your efforts to provide quality child care.
2-1-1 Child Care is a free, confidential, and statewide telephone service which helps match the requests of parents with child care providers and programs. Parents call 2-1-1 Child Care each year for information and referrals to:
- Licensed child care centers
- Family child care homes
- Before/after school programs
- Summer camps
- Nursery schools
- Nanny agencies
- Head Starts
- School Readiness programs
- Play groups
Child Care referral specialists help parents learn about options in their community and understand what to look for in finding a quality child care arrangement. They encourage parents to contact the Department of Public Health to check on the complaint history of licensed child care options that are being considered. In addition, referral specialists can also help parents become connected to other resources such as Care 4 Kids, HUSKY, or Birth to Three.
2-1-1 Child Care also supports child care providers in a variety of ways. The child care database lists licensed and license exempt care for referrals to parents free of charge. As a child care provider, 2-1-1 Child Care can provide you with the information you need to operate a successful child care business such as:
- Steps to becoming licensed as a family child care provider or licensed child care center
- Accreditation systems
- Advertising your business
- Small business financial resource information
- Food program information
- Counseling on issues such as parent complaints, suspected child abuse, toilet training, etc.
- Average fees charged in your area
- Links to other child care resources including your local family child care association or director’s groups
- Approved CPR, first aid and administration of medication trainings
- Upcoming trainings in your area
2-1-1 Child Care has regional Early Childhood Specialists that are available to conduct free trainings to child care providers or parents on a range of early childhood topics.
After you are licensed, contact 2-1-1 Child Care to list your program in our database. An information specialist will gather information such as: your fees, program hours, enrollment openings, meals served, languages spoken, etc. This information will be updated on a regular basis and you can contact us with updates to make any changes.
For more information, contact 2-1-1 Child Care at 2-1-1 or